WHAT TO DO …
The third trimester of pregnancy is so exciting as you’re waiting to meet your baby, but it can also be an anxious time while you’re busy making preparations for your new arrival!
Here are a few tips to stay healthy and comfortable during this time:
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep – don’t lose much needed sleep just because you’re busy trying to get as much work done as possible before the baby comes!
- Pay attention to baby movements. If your baby is not moving as much as normal, keep track of its movements. Lay down once a day for an hour and count movements, to try at feel at least 10 movements in an hour. If you don’t, call your doctor.
- As your maternity leave gets closer, work with your employer to make things easy for whoever is covering for you during your absence.
- Go to the bathroom often to feel less pressure and discomfort in your bladder.
- Eat small meals throughout the day to reduce heartburn and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, protein and fibre.
- Stay active (a gentle walk is great)!
- Strengthen your pelvic floor by doing Kegel exercises. Some can be found: pelvic floor exercise examples
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated (plus it helps with swelling).
Call POGS on (08) 6270 0123 or email: email@example.com for more advice or if you need to make an appointment.