If you’re worried that you might not be feeling “normal” during your pregnancy, that isn’t surprising, especially for your first pregnancy! Here are some signs that you should be concerned about:
- A temperature above 38°C with no cold or flu symptoms
- Sudden swelling or puffiness of your hands, face or eyes.
- Severe & unusual headache that lasts for more than two hours
- Blood or fluid draining from vagina
- A sudden increase in thirst alongside dark yellow urine
- Urinating a lot more than usual or painful or burning urine (especially if accompanied by a temperature, shivering & backache)
- Persistent vomiting
- Fainting or dizziness
- Sharp abdominal pain
- You feel an absence or decrease in your baby’s movements after 24 weeks
- Jaundice (yellow skin)
- You’ve had a fall or a blow to the stomach
- Thoughts of hurting yourself
- Or… you just don’t feel right for a long period of time!
If you have any of these problems, call your midwife, GP or obstetrician straight away OR – go to the Emergency Room!
🛑 Call 000 or go to the Emergency Room 🛑 (whichever is faster) if you experience:
- Chest pain
- Obstructed breathing or shortness of breath
To make an appointment with POGS, please call us on (08) 6270 0123 or email: email@example.com