It’s common for babies to develop some diaper rash, but keep these tips in mind if you want to prevent and help heal it!
- Change your baby’s diapers often and right after bowel movements.
- Be gentle when cleaning the area, as wiping or rubbing vigorously can further irritate the diaper rash.
- Use an ointment to prevent and heal rashes.
- Let your baby’s bottom breathe! Let them go without a diaper for part of the day, placing them on top of a few diapering cloths.
- If you use cloth diapers, wash them in fragrance-free detergents.
If your baby’s diaper rash happens often, lasts for more than 2 or 3 days, or gets significantly worse, if your baby has a fever with the rash or if the rash seems painful, is bright red, or has blisters, contact your regular doctor or call POGS on (08) 6270 0123 or email: email@example.com to speak to us or make an appointment.