Summer in Perth means dealing with 30-40 degree days, which can be uncomfortable while pregnant!
Here are some tips to help you during the hot months:
- Drink water regularly, sips all the time ensure you remain hydrated!
- Rest – and enjoy resting.This is a time when you should take time out and put your feet up
- If you are exercising, make sure you don’t overheat too much. Look after yourself after exercising and ensure you keep your fluids up!
- Float around in a pool and keep your body cool. Swimming lowers your body temperature and keeps you cool plus towards the end of your pregnancy it makes you feel buoyant!
- Try and do any running around or jobs during the morning when its cooler, then once it gets warm its best to stay inside where its cooler
- Cool off with a damp washcloth over your head or spray bottle, a simple way to feel more comfortable
- If you can’t get to a pool, have a cool shower!
These tips will help you survive the hot summer months while pregnant… just remember, if you feel faint at any point – sit down, have some water and remember to take time during the day to monitor baby’s movement.
Need more advice or information? Call POGS on (08) 6270 0123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make an appointment.