A letter from our team
To our wonderful POGS parents: We wanted to inform you directly about the adjustments to our practice we have made, due to the current situation we are all facing.
At POGS, we have decided to divide up into “teams”. This means each team will only work on certain days, to avoid contact with the other teams.
This is just a precaution to ensure if we lose staff members due to their isolation needs, we will still have enough staff to serve you.
This may mean we might not be able to give you an appointment with your exclusive doctor – however, as always, we promise to provide high quality ongoing care & our doctors will continue to deliver their patients as normal.
At present, the hospital is still allowing partners to attend delivery & stay. You will also need to be aware that we will be discharging patients from hospital as soon as it is safe, to reduce any possibility of your exposure to the virus during the hospital stay.
Other things to note:
- The flu vaccine is now available – we highly recommend you please attend the nearest pharmacy or GP office to get your flu vaccine ASAP.
- If you are attending the GP, please make sure it is a quick visit & you are taking all the required hygiene & safety measures available.
- Antenatal classes & breast-feeding classes have been suspended – please see hospital website for online classes.
- A virtual tour of the hospital is available on the hospital’s Instagram page.
- The hospital antenatal clinic has been moved to ‘Therapy Hub’ which is next to the Clinical Lab room (you may need it if you are having just CTG or BP check – which is very rare occasion as we do them mostly in our rooms).
- If the situation does get worse, please understand we may have to cancel your postnatal check & do a phone consultation instead.
We understand that this is a very uncertain time for all, and it may have caused concern during your pregnancy. However, we are here for you! We will try our best to keep you informed of the changes in our rooms, as well as hospital. Please check the hospital website as well for more information directly from them.
If you would like to contact us directly please call POGS on (08) 6270 0123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.